WiFi connectivity problems with the ABB Terra AC charger

I have an ABB Terra AC (TAC-W22-G5-R-0) charger with firmware version 1.6.9.

I’m having trouble connecting the charger to my home WiFi. Despite trying various WiFi SSIDs, including hotspots from my phone and laptop, it fails to connect. I’ve also attempted to change configurations through the TerraConfig app, but nothing seems to work.

Interestingly, the charger does obtain a local IP address, indicating it connects to the network, but it still shows a failure to connect to the Internet.

I’ve also tried setting up some OCPP servers from the provided list, but that didn’t work either.

Any ideas on what’s going wrong here? What could be causing the WiFi to fail in connecting to the Internet?

2 Likes

I had trouble connecting WiFi to a ChargePoint HomeFlex. I tried three times (replaced the charger twice), but the wifi never worked. I heard they had serious troubles; perhaps they utilized a faulty chip or something. I’ve had an Emporia for about four months now, and it’s been connected without issue.

I encountered the same problem with version 1.6.9, and nothing resolved it. However, my installer reverted to 1.6.6, and now my WiFi is working well. It’s important to note, though, that version 1.6.6 has a security vulnerability (you can find details by searching on Google).