Why are there so many used Teslas for sale?

Hello guys, Why do you think there’s a surplus of used Teslas for sale in the market?

2 Likes

The surplus of used Teslas in the market could be due to several factors:

Increased Production: Tesla has ramped up production in recent years, leading to more vehicles available for resale.
Model Upgrades: Owners might be selling their current Teslas to upgrade to the latest models, contributing to the second-hand market.
Lease Returns: As leased Teslas reach the end of their terms, they are returned and resold as used vehicles.
Financial Incentives: Original owners may have benefited from tax incentives and are now selling their vehicles.
Market Saturation: With the growing popularity of electric vehicles, the market is becoming more competitive, potentially leading to more used options.

Didn’t some rental companies just dump a number of teslas? Some of them bought them when they thought they would hold value and dumped them after their massive price cut.

1 Like

In the previous generation Accord, the 4-cylinder model used a group size 51R battery, while the V6 model used a group size 35 battery. The hold-down bracket was slightly different to properly secure each size, but the tray can accommodate either size. You can use the larger battery (size 35) on both engines, and often it’s more readily available since it’s a more common size.

1 Like

This could be because of the demand and the price for teslas. Many people would prefer to buy a used tesla because it comes at a cheaper price. My friend bought a used 2020 tesla model x for $45k .The price defers from a new tesla which is about $100k.

One annoying thing about Tesla is that they don’t let people buy the car at the end of a lease. So, if you lease a Tesla, it will become a used car for sale later, whether you want that or not.

1 Like

There is a lot of used Teslas because there has been a lot of Teslas sold and People are changing cars everyday so often and when they do that they sell their old one making many Teslas being sold at high rate.

1 Like

I can suggest that: Tesla is not cheap, so many of their owners are well-off and enjoy updating their cars annually. I’ve frequently seen listings stating, “selling because I am upgrading.”

Tesla owners typically have a significant amount of cash due to their high cost. They enjoy updating their autos on a yearly basis.

There are a plethora of reasons for this; they may be relocating abroad, losing their work and being unable to make ends meet, lacking home charging, not completely understanding EVs, etc. Perhaps send a message to some of the posts you notice to learn more about the author’s background.

When a local woman’s automobile was in the shop, she required a one-day rental. They dropped her off without any instruction and with a cheap fee already displayed. We tried talking her through things while she was pleading for help on the local Facebook group. The mall had chargers, but just one of them was a fast charger. After a while, someone proposed to meet her.

Hertz faced challenges with the rollout, including insufficient training for both staff and customers, as well as inadequate charging infrastructure, which ultimately led to the initiative not meeting expectations.

Teslas are not cheap, so many of their owners have a lot of money and enjoy updating their car yearly. I’ve seen a lot of listings saying “selling because I am upgrading.”