What NEV options are available besides golf carts and the Polaris GEM?

Looking for a car with a 20–30 mph speed limit that I can legally drive on US streets. While many of my neighbors own golf carts, which would work well, I’m searching for something new.

The range needed isn’t very great; you’re probably not going to travel more than 10 or 20 miles in a day, and normally not more than 5.

A minimum of four seats would be ideal for me, but I would be interested in more seats as well. It would be handy to have a little cargo space where I could store groceries. Though I think I’d prefer completely electric, I might try anything with an electric-assist pedal.

Are there any intriguing cars that meet those requirements that I ought to investigate?

When I was in a similar situation looking for a compact, street-legal vehicle for short trips, I discovered the Polaris GEM electric vehicles. They fit your criteria with models offering seating for four or more, low-speed capabilities ideal for neighborhood driving (typically up to 25 mph), and enough cargo space for groceries or small items.

The GEM models are fully electric and designed for urban or neighborhood environments, making them efficient and environmentally friendly. They’re easy to maneuver and often customizable with options like doors, heating, and additional seating configurations. Checking out local dealerships or contacting Polaris directly can provide more information on available models and configurations that suit your specific needs.

The Club Car Villager caught my eye with its spacious seating for four or more and great cargo capacity, all while being fully electric. It seems perfect for daily runs and grocery trips around the neighborhood. On the other hand, the EZ-GO 2Five appeals to me for its street-legal design, seating for four, and electric efficiency, making it ideal for navigating urban streets comfortably.