What is BMW i4 maintenance cost?

Hi everyone!

I am considering purchasing a BMW i4 and am curious about the maintenance costs associated with this vehicle. Can anyone provide some detailed information on what to expect in terms of routine service, potential repair expenses, and any other maintenance related costs?

1 Like

The maintenance costs for a BMW i4 typically include regular services such as oil changes, brake inspections, and fluid checks. Costs can vary, but expect higher than average due to electric components.

We’ll likely have our i4 in about 10 weeks. The first scheduled service is after 2 years so I suspect there will be less issues with this car than there would be with their ICE counterpart.

In the early years of owning a BMW i4, specifically the first four years, you can expect maintenance to be quite minimal. The car will need checkups every two years, during which you’ll likely just need to replace the washer fluid, wipers, and the 12-volt battery.

After four years, you might need to replace the brakes. As the car reaches six to seven years of age, it’s important to start inspecting the suspension for normal wear and tear.

In the long term, spanning 10 to 15 years, the battery and electric motors of the BMW i4 are expected to last. However, you may notice a decrease in range, with the worst-case scenario being around 200 miles, which remains quite usable.

Hello Ivanka. Like all electric automobiles, the BMW i4 typically offers lower maintenance expenses when compared to cars with conventional combustion engines. Every two years or 20,000 miles, whichever comes first, the i4 needs to be serviced. For the i4, BMW provides service plans that start at approximately £460 and include all required maintenance and repairs.

Electric vehicles are awesome; there are no oil changes, but there’s still upkeep.

I found online that BMW includes 3 years of free maintenance for the i4. Beyond that, costs depend on your driving.

• Routine stuff (filters, wipers): a few hundred dollars a year.
  • Repairs might be slightly cheaper than gas cars due to the simpler electric engine.

These are estimates, talking to a dealership for specifics might be best. Anyone with an i4 have real-world maintenance cost experiences to share?