What does Driving Assistance Professional Package Include?

Hey everyone,

I am working with a broker to custom order an iX and I’m trying to decide if the Driving Assistance Professional Package is worth it. The website provides minimal details, and older posts have only added to my confusion. If I don’t opt for the package, will the iX still have basic features like lane keep assist and cruise control? I don’t really need highway exit assistance or stop-and-go traffic assist since I don’t live in the city and rarely take long trips. Is it worth getting the package to stay updated with the latest tech, or would it be unnecessary for my needs?

Deciding on the Driving Assistance Package for your iX? Don’t worry, even without it, your iX will have basic cruise control and lane departure warning. The package adds features for highway driving and traffic jams, which might not be necessary for you since you don’t drive much in the city or take long trips. You’ll still get software updates regardless. Skip the package if basic features are enough, but consider it if you want the latest tech for highway driving.

I strongly recommend ensuring your car is equipped with DAPP before making a purchase. You might be surprised at how beneficial it can be, even if you find yourself using it just once or twice a month to navigate through traffic. It’s truly worth it!

The BMW iX comes with a suite of standard safety and driver assistance features, even without the Driving Assistance Professional Package. Like the Lane Departure Warning which alerts you if you unintentionally drift out of your lane.

Even without the package you can get a frontal collision warning that warns you of an impending collision and can apply brakes automatically.