VW ID8 Release Date

Is there any way to find out when the ID 8 will be released, especially in the US? I have only found material from earlier this year on the internet. The phrase “late 2023” in the second link is ambiguous.

Looking to purchase a family car that can accommodate three car seats, my wife and I would really like to go electric. We would be swarming Honda or Toyota to get an electric minivan if they were available, but an electric Atlas looks like the better option for now.

2 Likes

It probably won’t get here before the Buzz.

The phrase “late 2023” in the second link is ambiguous.

likely the 2025–6 model’s release.

Will it still require three by then?In either case, sliding doors seem to be what you want.

2 Likes

The ID.Buzz does sound exciting, especially with the improvements planned for the US model. Volkswagen’s electric lineup seems to be generating a lot of interest with their innovative designs and features. Are you particularly drawn to electric vehicles, or is it the specific design and functionality of the ID.Buzz that caught your attention?

(post deleted by author)

Based on my research, the release date for the Volkswagen ID8 electric SUV is still uncertain, but it is likely to arrive sometime in the 2025-2026 timeframe. The ID8 is expected to be a larger electric vehicle that will either replace or be sold alongside the current VW Atlas SUV. Volkswagen has confirmed plans to introduce new electric SUV models in the same size class as the Atlas for the US market, with the ID8 being a likely candidate. However, the ID8 will likely be shorter and more aerodynamic than the current Atlas, taking advantage of the packaging benefits of electric vehicle platforms. While some early reports suggested a potential 2023 or late 2024 release, more recent information indicates the ID8 is more likely to arrive in the 2025-2026 model year timeframe. This would position it to launch after the upcoming ID.Buzz electric van, which is slated to debut in the US in 2024. Overall, the specific release timing for the ID8 remains unclear, but it appears Volkswagen is still in the development stages, with a market introduction likely a couple years away.

Related

What features will the VW ID.8 have

How does the VW ID.8 compare to the ID. Buzz

Will the VW ID.8 be available in the US

What is the expected price range for the VW ID.8

How spacious is the interior of the VW ID.8