Thoughts on BMW EV's reliability

Hey everyone! I am facing a bit of a decision. I’m choosing my next electric car and have it narrowed down to two options: the Porsche Taycan 4S or waiting for the upcoming BMW i5 M60. I would love to hear your thoughts on the reliability of BMW EVs. Your insights would be really helpful!

2 Likes

I’ve owned an i4 since December and have driven it for 4,900 miles without any issues. I chose it over the Tesla Model 3 Performance and Model S, and I believe you’ll be satisfied with any of the options you’re considering.

1 Like

It’s a BMW, so you can count on the familiar luxury, craftsmanship, technology, and quality typical of any ICE BMW. Period.

That said, as my fourth BMW (and second electric), the i4 stands out as the best car I’ve ever driven.

1 Like

In Europe, they are all quite dependable. particularly if you adhere to the suggested planned maintenance intervals and during the warranty period. The majority of problems are brought on by poor upkeep. And US automobiles: because the US market is so unique, with far looser price controls and much lower quality standards, all automakers produce far less expensive, and hence subpar, cars for the US market.