Tesla level 1 charging

I’m going to live in a rental townhome with a garage. But there’s a problem: the garage only has regular plugs that use less power. I can’t upgrade to plugs that use more power. So, I’ll have to use the lower power plugs for charging my stuff most of the time.

This is better than what I have now in my apartment. There, I have to use two special chargers for my things, and sometimes it’s tricky to plan when to charge.

I’m curious about other people’s experiences with using just regular plugs for charging. Is it okay, or is it really hard?

1 Like

For 7 years, I used level 1 without any problems. Every night, I added over 60 miles of range, even though I only drove 40 miles each day. I didn’t need level 2 charging at all.

What’s the reason behind labeling Level 1 Tesla Charging as “Trickle Charging”? Well, Tesla owners have the ability to charge through a regular 120V residential outlet using a trickle charging adapter. It’s dubbed “trickle” charging due to its notably slow pace. And the best part? There’s no upfront cost.

1 Like