My criticism of Olympian Motors was removed

My critique of Olympian Motors regarding the gaudy languages, inconsistencies, and deceptions on their website was removed. I had included image proofs to support my claims, which I believe fall under fair use as I commented on each image to build my case. However, it was taken down due to copyright infringement.

Due to my preference for anonymity, I chose not to appeal but instead to make a new post. If you saw my previous post, the new information is that I discovered the chassis they prominently feature on their website is not real; they are purchasing the “skateboard” chassis from a Chinese company called U Power and simply adding a body on top.

If you didn’t read my original post, here’s a summary:

Olympian Motors advertises their cars as having a full augmented reality display on the windshield with no screens present on the interior. However, the position of senior software/auto OS architect is open (not to mention the logistical problems of not having screens or enough buttons; the lack of a backup camera is concerning). The advertised range for their vehicles varies between pages, and they can’t seem to decide on the interior material (some pages say exotic woods, others say recycled plastics). They use stock images from other cars to pretend they have produced something tangible. Their prototype is a golf-cart sized vehicle without any suspension, yet they claim the size of the car is comparable to a mid-sized SUV. There is no mention of using a ready-built chassis from China, while they allude to having developed the chassis themselves with clearly incorrect specifications in the video (front wheel drive vs. rear wheel drive).

Interestingly, the day my post was taken down, they updated their website to remove stock images of the Toyota bZ4X and GM electronics they previously pretended to have engineered. You can still see the interior of the 2011 Morgan Plus 4 on their Model 01 and Model 84 pages.

I have screenshots saved on my computer if you doubt my claims.

Some questioned my motivation behind my post. I was previously scammed by an e-bike company due to a lack of information online. A Reddit commenter pointed out I was scammed after the fact. Since I am more knowledgeable about cars, I feel compelled to inform the public. I hope people don’t make mistakes even larger than mine.

1 Like

Your review of Olympian Motors demonstrates your keen interest to detail and dedication to consumer transparency. Your experience is clear in identifying flaws and dishonest methods on their website. It is sad that your earlier article was removed, but your urge to alert others arises from a genuine wish to avoid similar situations. Consider reposting with a focus on factual evidence to reinforce your argument and reach a larger audience. Your insights are valuable and should be heard.

2 Likes

Thank you for the transparency, it’s more than I expected, most web sites and forums would just leave us in the dark and that leads to speculation.

I previously critiqued Olympian Motors for misleading claims and inconsistencies on their website, which was removed due to copyright infringement despite fair use of image proofs. Olympian Motors advertises augmented reality windshields without screens, yet their open position for a senior software/auto OS architect raises doubts, alongside the impracticality of their design lacking backup cameras.

Their vehicle range and interior materials vary across pages, and they use stock images to create a false sense of having produced tangible cars. Their prototype, a golf-cart-sized vehicle without suspension, is misleadingly compared to a mid-sized SUV, with conflicting specifications on drivetrain types.

Crucially, they omit that their chassis is purchased from Chinese company U Power, merely adding their own body on top. After my post’s removal, they updated their site to remove stock images of Toyota bZ4X and GM electronics but still feature the interior of the 2011 Morgan Plus 4. Motivated by being scammed by an e-bike company and realizing it too late, I aim to prevent others from making similar mistakes by sharing this information. I have screenshots to back my claims, and my goal is to inform and protect potential customers from misleading marketing.