Model y vs Ioniq 5

Hey folks! I’m currently torn between the Tesla Model Y and the Hyundai Ioniq 5 for my next EV purchase. For those of you who have experience with either (or both), what are the major pros and cons? How do they compare in terms of range, comfort, tech features, and overall driving experience? Any insights would be super helpful as I try to make my decision.Thanks!

1 Like

As someone who has extensively researched and compared the Tesla Model Y and Hyundai Ioniq 5, I can say that both are excellent electric SUV options, but they cater to slightly different needs and preferences. The Model Y offers a more premium, high-tech experience with its sleek, minimalist design and seamless integration with Tesla’s charging network and software ecosystem. It also has a slight edge in cargo space and performance, with the Model Y Performance variant delivering blistering acceleration. However, the Ioniq 5 counters with a more distinctive, retro-futuristic style, a more affordable starting price, and impressive charging capabilities thanks to its 800V electrical architecture. Ultimately, the choice comes down to whether you prioritize the Model Y’s technological prowess and brand cachet or the Ioniq 5’s unique design and value proposition. Both are highly capable and enjoyable electric SUVs that will serve owners well.

1 Like

My Ioniq 5 was eligible for the $7500 rebate when I purchased it, but the Model Y wasn’t. In just over a year and a half, that is a $15,000 swing. Absurd.

1 Like

The $7,500 can still be obtained through a lease with an immediate buyout. Still, the $7500 swing is enormous.