Model Y Owners, does road noise bother you?

I tried out some electric cars before I buy one later this year. Today, I drove one called MY. It was good overall, but I heard a lot of noise from the road. It wasn’t too much, similar to what I hear in my current car, but louder than the Polestar 2, another car I tried before. Do other people notice this too? If they do, does it bother them every day, or do they get used to it?

2 Likes

Electric car models might differ in terms of road noise. Road noise seems to be higher in the MY you drove than in the Polestar 2. At first, many owners notice this, but they frequently adjust with time. Consider going on lengthy test drives in various settings if road noise is a major worry, or read user reviews for real-world experiences. In the end, how annoying it is to you over time will depend on your driving style and tolerance.

1 Like

Don’t have one, but if it bothers you now, it’ll bother you later.

1 Like

I own a Model Y, and I’ve noticed that the noise level varies on different roads—it’s uncomfortable on some and super quiet on others. Because I’m sensitive to noise, I’m contemplating selling it, which is unfortunate because I adore everything else about it. I’m curious about your experiences with other vehicles you’ve tested.

Hi Donna, It’s common for electric cars to have different levels of road noise, depending on factors like tire choice, suspension setup, and sound insulation. While some electric cars are known for their quiet ride, others may have more noticeable road noise. People’s sensitivity to road noise varies, and while some may find it bothersome, others may not mind it as much. With daily use, many drivers tend to acclimate to the noise level of their vehicle over time, especially if it’s consistent with what they’re accustomed to. However, if road noise is a significant concern for you, it’s worth considering test-driving other electric models to find one with the quietness you desire.