Level 2 charger installation cost

How much money did you spend to put in a level 2 charger at your house?
Where do you live and when was the installation done?

The ChargePoint Flex cost me $750, and I paid the electrician $400 to wire it directly with a 60 amp breaker. Since my breaker box was conveniently located just outside the garage where I wanted to install the EV charger inside, the wiring distance was short. Plus, my house is relatively new, so there’s plenty of electrical capacity.

To begin, anticipate that the price range for a home Level 2 EV charger, rated at 32-40A, will typically fall between $500 and $800 for the hardware alone. This estimate does not include any additional accessories or installation expenses you may opt for in your setup.

So, what’s the price tag for installing a Level 2 charger? It could range from $1200 to $2,500, depending on your location, charger choice, and any necessary home modifications. However, you can significantly reduce this cost with tax credits and rebates.

At minimum, those residing in low-income or rural areas can benefit from the federal tax credit for EV chargers, which slashes 30% off the hardware and installation costs, up to a total of $1,000. Additionally, numerous state governments and utility companies provide incentives and rebates to further lower the expense of EV charging equipment.