Let's Discuss Older EVs

We always seem to focus on the latest EV models, but let’s shift the conversation to older ones, especially as more are popping up on the used market.

I was browsing Autotrader recently and noticed a ton of Leafs, some Ford Focus EVs, and more. Sure, these older EVs might not have the range of newer models, but for a fraction of the price, they seem like a good option, especially if you’re driving under 100 km per trip.

Does anyone here own a Leaf, Focus, or any other EV that’s 6+ years old? Would love to hear your thoughts.

I recently snagged a used Leaf and it’s been a game changer. Sure, it doesn’t have the range of the newest models, but for short trips, it’s perfect and super budget-friendly. Older EVs are definitely worth a look if you’re not clocking up long distances. Anyone else rocking a classic EV.

My 2017 Bolt EV is something I adore.
I have no range anxiety despite my daily commute of 80 miles (75% on the highway) because by the time I get home, I still have about 70% left. This small automobile achieves an insanely high efficiency of 4.0–4.1 miles/kWh in the usual Texas summer heat (97–100 degrees).
There are still no problems at all, everything functions as it should. I’d definitely buy another Bolt from GM if they produced one with a higher DC charging. Although I am aware that the Equinox and Blazer EVs are now available, all I really want is another Bolt or Volt.

These vintage EVs are excellent for young drivers. Usually compact, with a restricted range, and tracking capabilities; excellent for avoiding problems.