Is there a "Dog Mode" available in non-Tesla cars?

I’ve owned a Chevy Bolt for 3 years and a Rav4 EV for 3 years before that, so I’m fully committed to EVs. However, my girlfriend never had much interest until we saw a Tesla with dogs inside, and the dashboard lit up showing that the dogs were cool, along with the temperature. Now, she wants to get a Tesla just for our dog.

Are there any other EVs with features like that?

1 Like

While Tesla’s dog mode is useful, it is not the only one! Many EVs, including Hyundai and Kia, have apps that allow you to check and adjust the temperature remotely. Look for an EV that you and your dog will appreciate; these days, temperature control is widespread!

While Tesla is known for its innovative features like dog mode, other EV manufacturers are also incorporating pet-friendly features into their vehicles. One notable example is the Ford Mustang Mach-E, which offers a “Phone As A Key” feature that allows you to remotely monitor your vehicle’s interior temperature and receive alerts if it gets too hot or cold for your pet. Additionally, the Nissan Leaf has a similar feature called “Cabin Climate Control” that lets you pre-set the cabin temperature to keep your pet comfortable while you’re away. While these options may not offer the exact same functionality as Tesla’s dog mode, they provide similar peace of mind for pet owners who prioritize their furry friends’ safety and comfort.

Hello Stephie, While Tesla’s “Dog Mode” remains a unique feature, some non-Tesla car manufacturers are beginning to introduce similar functionalities. Tesla’s Dog Mode allows you to maintain a comfortable temperature for your pet in the parked car, displaying the cabin temperature and enabling remote climate control. Other manufacturers like Hyundai/Kia offer “Utility Mode,” allowing climate control with the car off, and Rivian has “Pet Mode” with similar features. For cars without dedicated pet modes, precautions like parking in shade or leaving windows slightly cracked can help ensure your pet’s comfort and safety.

Is the keep climate mode not working either? I haven’t noticed any issues.

While Tesla’s Dog Mode is unique in its display and functionality, some other EVs do offer features that can help keep pets safe. For instance, the Ford Mustang Mach-E and the Audi e-tron have advanced climate control systems that allow you to remotely manage the car’s temperature through a smartphone app, ensuring your pets stay cool or warm. However, they don’t have the specific Dog Mode display Tesla offers. If Dog Mode is a priority, a Tesla might be the best fit, but other EVs with remote climate control can also be a good option for pet owners.