Is the red lock compatible with the Unagi scooter?

Hey folks, our cousin lent us two electric scooters called unagi. But when we try to turn them on, there’s a red screen with a lock and they keep beeping. We’ve searched online but can’t find any solutions. Can anyone help us out?

1 Like

The annoying sound of Unagi scooters beeping while showing a red lock screen Here are some suggestions:

1. Unagi App: For information on error codes and troubleshooting techniques, check the Unagi app (if available).

2. Manual: For Unagi scooters, look for an online manual or user manual. Look up the brand website or “Unagi scooter handbook” online.

3. Speak with Unagi: Get in touch with Unagi customer service directly if nothing helps. Probably on their app or website are their contact details.

With any luck, one of these will get your Unagi scooters back in motion!

So, it seems there’s no solution to this “red lock” issue, and it feels like Unagi has scammed all of us. I read through all the responses from Unagi, and I have never seen such unhelpful replies in my life. They only want “proof of purchase,” which, 9 times out of 10, the second owner won’t have.

Right now, I’m looking for a way to either remove a chip or do some sort of mod/hack on the motherboard to bypass its security. It must be storing some information that prevents you from driving. Another option I’m considering is tearing everything off and installing a universal throttle, screen, and controller.

Since Unagi isn’t being helpful, I will find a way to remove this lock and will post the solution once I figure it out! Anyone interested in helping is welcome to join.

When we borrowed electric scooters from our cousin, we encountered a frustrating issue: upon trying to turn them on, they displayed a red screen with a lock symbol and emitted continuous beeping sounds. Despite scouring the internet for solutions, we couldn’t find a clear answer. To resolve this, we found it useful to first check the scooter’s manual or manufacturer’s website for troubleshooting steps specific to the Unagi model. Often, issues like this could be related to a security feature or a battery-related problem that might require resetting the scooter or checking the battery connections. If these steps don’t work, contacting customer support or a local dealer familiar with electric scooters could provide further insights or repair options.