Is anyone coming out with an EV similar to the Polaris Slingshot?

Is anyone converting the Slingshot to an electric vehicle (EV)? The Slingshot is incredibly enjoyable, but managing gasoline, oil changes, and engine maintenance seems unnecessary for a platform ideally suited for electric conversion.

Based on my research, it seems there are a few companies working on electric vehicles that are similar in concept to the Polaris Slingshot. The Arcimoto FUV and Roadster models appear to be the closest, with their open-air, three-wheeled designs and impressive performance specs like 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds. I also found mentions of Polaris themselves developing an electric powertrain for their side-by-side vehicles, so an electrified Slingshot model could be in the works. Additionally, a company called Aquam has teased an electric trike that borrows heavily from the Slingshot’s styling. However, the Aquam project seems to be more of a concept at this stage, with no clear timeline for production. Overall, while there aren’t any direct EV competitors to the Slingshot on the market yet, it seems automakers are recognizing the demand for open, high-performance three-wheelers and are working to develop their own electric alternatives.

I haven’t seen many conversions myself, but electric seems like a perfect fit. Maybe it’s just a matter of time before someone makes a kit or even a whole electric Slingshot! :zap: