Ioniq 5 Trim Choice: SE vs. SEL?

I wanted to get the forum’s opinion. I’m currently exploring the idea of purchasing an Ioniq 5. I went to the dealership thinking I would want the SEL trim, but the sales rep was insistent that the SE is the better choice since the only difference between the two trims is the leather vs. cloth seats. When I got home and did some research, I found that there isn’t a huge difference between the two.

For those of you who chose the SEL over the SE, what were your reasons? I like the idea of leather seats, but after the sales rep’s pitch about paying an extra $3k just for seats, I’m reconsidering. Any opinions are welcome.

2 Likes

Personally, I prefer engine options that are somewhat consistent across models. The Ioniq 5 SE and SEL have the same electric powertrain, which provides comparable acceleration, range and driving dynamics. However, I like the idea that the SEL may include an extra performance package or sport-tuned suspension for a more dynamic driving experience. I prefer to understand the variations when it comes to pricing and trim options. The SE model is the entry-level trim, providing basic amenities at a lower cost. In comparison, the SEL offers more luxury, technology and convenience features, which results in a higher starting price. I enjoy that the SEL has a broader selection of adjustable features and packages, allowing me to adapt the vehicle to my unique needs.

1 Like

Choosing between the Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE and SEL trims depends on your priorities and budget.