ID.4 vs XC40 Recharge?

I need a second car soonish, and I am debating whether to buy the currently available XC40 Recharge or go looking for an ID.4. The tactile buttons and improved interior of the XC40 seem extremely good. But considering the $15k price difference, the reduced cargo area and shorter range are a little meh. There will be plenty of time to charge it because it is a backup vehicle that will not be used frequently. Cars are for getting from point A to point B, thus I am not too into the performance details, so it is a toss-up for me. Are there any other considerations I should make?

1 Like

There are advantages and disadvantages to the VW ID.4 and Volvo XC40 Recharge. Though it costs more, the XC40 has better inside materials and tactile buttons. Although it has greater luggage room and is less expensive, the ID.4 is devoid of several high-end amenities. Before choosing, take your driving requirements, charging infrastructure, and budget into account.

2 Likes

Comparing the Volkswagen ID.4 and the Volvo XC40 Recharge involves considering several factors including performance, range, features, and overall value.

2 Likes

The new VW ID. 4 receives new 77-kWh battery, but this increase still can not compete with the Volvo XC40 Recharge and its 78-kWh battery capacity on Twin-Motor models. Because the 2024 Volvo XC40 Recharge comes in only three trims, you will access the automaker’s best safety features even in the entry model.