How long does in transit take

I have been closely monitoring my car since I reserved it.

Initially, the ETA was early July, but the car has now left the port and is in transit.

I am in Los Angeles and I am wondering which port it departed from. Is it a west coast or east coast port?

Does anyone know how long the transit process usually takes?

1 Like

hi Riley!

It sounds like youā€™re really excited about your new car! Given that youā€™re in Los Angeles, itā€™s likely that your car departed from a West Coast port, such as the Port of Los Angeles or the Port of Long Beach. These are two of the busiest ports for car shipments on the West Coast.

As for the transit time, it can vary depending on several factors, including the origin port and the shipping route.

Generally, if your car is coming from an East Asian country, the transit time to Los Angeles is around 11 days.

However, this can be longer if there are delays or if the car is coming from a different region.

Have you received any updates on the estimated arrival date? It might also be helpful to check with the shipping company for more precise information.

1 Like

Hi there!

Congrats on the new car, Riley! Itā€™s always exciting to get a new vehicle, especially when it has to travel such a long distance to get to you.

The ports in Los Angeles and Long Beach are indeed some of the busiest in the country, so youā€™re right on track thinking it likely departed from one of these.

Regarding transit times, 11 days is a typical estimate for shipments from East Asia to Los Angeles, but as mentioned, various factors can influence this.

Port congestion, weather conditions, and the specific shipping route can all play a role in either speeding up or delaying the transit time.

If you havenā€™t received any updates on the estimated arrival date, I recommend reaching out to the shipping company.

They should be able to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding your carā€™s whereabouts. Sometimes, tracking systems are available that can give you real-time updates.

Hope your car arrives soon and in great condition! Enjoy the ride once it gets there!

1 Like

Actually, it can be quite awhile. Especially if it has the ā€œarriving lateā€ moniker (it will say ā€˜in transit - arriving lateā€™). In my experience, that moniker would mean its hit an overwhelmed USPS hub, and theyve basically kicked your car, and a bunch others to the side, to deal with later. What this tends to mean: your car will be anywhere from about a week late, to (in the worst cases) a month lateā€¦ and it was worse in the past. In 2021, that moniker, could mean like upwards of 2 months late. The good news, on the arriving late stuff, is that it basically ALWAYS still arrives, albeit, late, its almost never truly lost. If it doesnt have the arriving late label, it may actually be lost, but Id give it at least a week to be (semi) sure.

You didnt say if it was intl, but I will also note: if these are intl packages, there can sometimes be big delays from freight shipping/customs clearance and you wont get a scan until after its made its sea voyage, the ship docks, and unloads your package. That could be weeks by itself if from say China. The good news there: once it does get stateside, it should reach you quickly (so it might be a month with no updates, and then in the span of 3 days, a bunch of scans and a delivery). Big delays were common during/around covid, but have since been a good amount better.

Regarding the ā€˜arriving lateā€™, I personally (as a shipper) hate the way they do this, as instead of making ALL packages a little slower, it greatly impacts some customers/recipients-- especially since people tend not to understand why everything else is arriving on time, but YOUR package isnt, and they tend to blame the sender as it must be ā€˜something YOU didā€™.

What my experience is: my dice company ships 50-150 orders a day, so we see a lot of stuff like this.

1 Like

Depending on the shipping method, distance traveled, and whether the item is domestic or international, the ā€œIn Transitā€ phase can last for a variety of lengths of time. Shipping within the country typically takes 2 to 5 business days, however shipping internationally may take up to 21 days.

Hi, Riley. It all comes down to priority and distance. Paying for the next day does not necessarily guarantee that it will arrive the next day, although that is the overall purpose. Numerous elements influence whether or not it makes it, including proximity to where it was delivered from, weather, mode of transportation, and how effectively it was packed.