How hard would it be to put a Level 3 charger in your house?

Hi,
When I talk with my friends, family, or clients about electric cars, I’m good at convincing them even when they have doubts. But lately, more new people are asking if they can “charge fast at home,” even though they’ll just use a regular charger in their garage after work.

I always explain that using a regular charger to charge up to 80% for their daily drive is better for the battery’s health in the long run. I want to help them understand that fast chargers, like Level 3 chargers, are different and not something you can just buy online.

For future reference, I’m interested in knowing how much money commercial Level 3 chargers usually cost and what challenges engineers face when installing them. Could someone really rich buy one if they really wanted to?

hallo brother my take is, Level 3 chargers provide rapid charging but are more suitable for public charging stations than home installations. For home use, Level 2 chargers are the most practical option. If you’re thinking about installing an EV charger at home, it’s best to consult with a professional electrician to find the ideal solution based on your requirements and local regulations.
In summary, Level 3 chargers provide rapid charging but are more suitable for public charging stations than home installations. For home use, Level 2 chargers are the most practical option. If you’re thinking about installing an EV charger at home, it’s best to consult with a professional electrician to find the ideal solution based on your requirements and local regulations.

@Jason. Tell your clients that technically the electrical service could support maybe a 25-50kW DC charger if you keep your whole house to 200amps. But the cost to install something like that would be in the tens of thousands of dollars. But at those charging speeds, it would still take the order of hours to charge a car from empty to full.