Electrify America actually charged me 50?

Hello, fellas I just want to know if anyone else has had this issue. I used a charging station, but it stopped working when I tried to get a receipt for my charge. It ended up charging me $50 anyway. Support said they would refund it if it was approved. Has anyone else had a similar problem with getting charged even though the station didn’t work properly, and what was the outcome?

Yes, this has happened to others. Sometimes charging stations have glitches and charge you even if they don’t work properly. Reaching out to support is the right move; they usually refund you after investigating. It might take a few days, so keep an eye on it and follow up if needed.

When I encountered a ChargePoint station that wasn’t working, I used the ChargePoint app to report the issue by selecting “Report a Problem” under Station Details. The process was straightforward, and I appreciated how smoothly it flowed. They efficiently reached out to the station owner to address the issue, which made the whole experience hassle-free.

I was charged a $50 hold when using my credit card at an Electrify America charging station, even though my actual charging cost was under $9. This is a common issue with EA - the $50 hold is a temporary authorization, not an actual charge, but it can take 1-4 business days to be removed from your account once the transaction settles. The hold is meant to ensure your card is active and has sufficient funds, but it can be problematic on long road trips if you have multiple $50 holds stacking up. EA has been criticized for this, as the hold amount is much higher than the typical charging cost. If you are actually charged the $50 in error, you’ll need to contact EA support to get a refund. They should be able to see the actual charge amount and refund the difference once the transaction clears. In the meantime, I recommend using the EA mobile app for payment if possible to avoid the hold altogether.