Did anyone get the special EV offer from Hertz?

It’s pretty tempting when something costs only half as much as the Model 3 they’re selling here. Does anyone know what it might be?

1 Like

Absolutely! Here’s what you can expect from Hertz’s EV Manager Special:

1. Reddit Community Insights:

• According to Reddit users, the EV Manager Special from Hertz varies by location.
    • Typically, it includes popular EV models such as the Polestar 2, Tesla Model 3, Kia Niro EV, and Hyundai Kona EV.
    • Availability depends on the specific Hertz branch you visit, so it’s best to check with them directly¹.
  2. Likely Options:

• Polestar 2: A luxury electric sedan known for its impressive performance and safety features.
    • Tesla Model 3: Renowned for its acceleration, range, and access to the Supercharger network.
    • Kia Niro EV and Hyundai Kona EV: Compact SUVs offering practicality, decent range, and affordability.
  3. Considerations:

• The Polestar 2 might be priced lower due to its lack of access to the Supercharger network, which could influence your decision.
    • Availability varies by location, so it’s crucial to check with your local Hertz branch.
    • If you have a specific model in mind, call ahead to ensure it’s available when you plan to rent.

Be sure to confirm the details directly with Hertz at your chosen location to make the most of your EV rental experience!

In northern CA, Hertz offers a diverse selection of electric vehicles including Tesla, Bolt, Kia, Ionic, VW, and Polestar. I’ve rented the Polestar 2 twice on a weekly basis, opting for slightly different models each time - first the 300kW with Pilot pack, then another with Plus (without Pilot). Surprisingly, the Polestars were cheaper to rent compared to most other EVs, even undercutting the Tesla Model 3. This pricing peculiarity can be verified on their website. Interestingly, Hertz currently doesn’t differentiate between the 170kW single motor front drive and the 300kW dual motor models, offering them at the same price. Fortunately, the staff at my local Hertz are incredibly helpful and eager to ensure that I received the 300kW model when I called to confirm my reservation.

Hertz offers an “EV Manager Special” at O’Hare (ORD). I wanted to try the Polestar, but the only other choice was a Tesla Model 3. Has anyone rented this special before? If so, what car did you get? It’s also half the price of the Model 3.