Can you charge BMW i4 at tesla supercharger?

I’ve had my BMW i4 since returning from deployment. I live in the U.S., but I spent some time in Germany. I know Tesla Superchargers work with other manufacturers in Europe, but it’s a different story in the U.S.

I understand the network is slowly expanding here. I have the Tesla app to find chargers that “should work,” and I also have an adapter to convert the Tesla plug to CCS.

My questions are: with the adapter, can I use all Tesla stations? Am I reliant on the app to verify which chargers will work because they have CCS?

Access to Tesla chargers would be more convenient, but it’s not a major issue right now.

Tesla Superchargers in the US are a bit different. You’ll need an adapter for some stations, and the Tesla app is key to finding ones that work with your BMW. Not all stations are compatible yet, but the app will show you the CCS-friendly ones. For now, your adapter and the app should be a good combo

BMW i4 uses the CCS standard, requiring an adapter for Tesla Superchargers in the U.S. Not all stations may work with this setup, so it’s wise to double-check through the Tesla app. Future agreements may broaden access to Tesla’s network for BMWs post-August 2023.

As of now, BMW i4 owners generally cannot charge their vehicles at Tesla Superchargers in most locations.

Tesla Superchargers are primarily designed for Tesla vehicles, using a proprietary connector in the U.S. However, there have been initiatives and pilot programs in some regions, like Europe, where Tesla has started to open its Supercharger network to non-Tesla electric

This mismatch means you’ll typically need an adapter to use a Tesla Supercharger with your BMW. Magic Dock Hope: Thankfully, some Tesla stations are equipped with “Magic Dock” adapters that bridge the gap between CCS plugs and Tesla’s connector.