BMW- eDrive 35 vs eDrive 40

I’m wondering if others have compared these two models and have opinions on whether the eDrive40 is worth the extra cost. As I was comparing their features, I noticed I could get the options I wanted—like DAPP, ventilated leather seats, lumbar support, and upgraded audio—for $5k less, with only a slight difference in range.

1 Like

hi!

I’ve been weighing the same decision myself.

After test driving both models, I found that the eDrive40 offers a smoother driving experience, especially with its adaptive suspension.

The extra range is a bonus, but like you mentioned, it’s not a huge difference.

That said, if the options you want are available for $5k less on the other model, it might be worth considering.

The DAPP (Driver Assistance Plus Package) is a game-changer for long drives, and ventilated leather seats add a lot of comfort, especially in warmer climates.

Also, the upgraded audio system in the eDrive40 is fantastic if you’re an audiophile.

I noticed a significant improvement in sound quality compared to the standard system.

However, if the primary difference is just a minor range increase and slightly better handling, the less expensive model with your preferred options seems like a great value.

Curious to hear from others who have made the choice—what tipped the scales for you?

My 35 is loaded.

I was driving a 330i with very few options.

Since I don’t drive very often, I thought the 35 was worth it, especially since it was the only car receiving the $7500 lease payment at the time.

Not a single regret. Take it on if it suits your needs. The features are good. Everything that my 330i lacked, I now own.