Best Tesla to J1772 Adapter?

I plan on charging at work or using EA and other compatible chargers when possible. However, I think a Tesla adapter would be useful for emergency charging situations.

Lectron seems to dominate Google search results, and they offer a bundle deal on Amazon for their V2L adapter. But I have read several mentions of issues with Hyundais (IoniqGuy no longer recommends it for this reason).

Tesla Tap is also frequently mentioned, but it is quite expensive.

Has anyone used the Lectron without issues? What have your long-term experiences been with Tesla Tap? Is it worth getting an adapter at all?

TeslaTap is top-notch quality and made in the USA. They’re the original Tesla to J1772 adapter. I use mine daily with my Tesla wall connector, and it reliably charges every time. It’s a high-quality unit.

1 Like

The USA is the source of the excellent-grade TeslaTap. They seem to be the original Tesla to J1772 converter, in my opinion. Along with my Tesla wall connector, I utilized mine every day. dependable charger that is a top-notch device

I have had my TeslaTap for more than a year, and it has been a terrific tool. effortless.

When I owned the Lectron one, it required turning the car on and off in order for it to function. It would take 20 seconds to fail at first, and in order for it to attempt again and succeed, you would need to enter the car and switch it on. That really irritated me, especially if you used it every day.

Some seemed not to have the same problem as others, however it’s unclear why.

I’ve got a Lectron in the frunk that I’ve used at a desto charger without issue.

I’ve got a Tesla Tap (not mini) and a DEDC cheaper one from Amazon that’s the same size as the Lectron