Are there any facts about how reliable the ID.4 is?

Hi,
Does anyone have good info on how reliable the ID.4 is? I haven’t checked out the Consumer Reports review yet. Is it worth looking into?

I know it’s built on the same platform as other cars like the ID.3 and e-tron. It’s only been around since 2021, so there isn’t a lot of info online yet. I’m most worried about the powertrain (like the battery and motors), then the infotainment system, and then everything else. Since it’s an electric car, I figure it’s probably more reliable than regular cars, and any powertrain issues should show up early and be covered by the warranty.

I’ve heard some complaints about the infotainment system, but I’ve also heard it’s been improved for the 2023 model year. Plus, if you mostly use CarPlay or Android Auto, it’s not as big of a deal.

The Tesla Model 3 presents an intriguing option for potential buyers. Let’s explore its features:

Pros:

1. Fun Driving Experience: The Model 3 offers nimble handling, making driving enjoyable.
  2. Quick Acceleration: It accelerates swiftly, adding excitement to the driving experience.
  3. Impressive Range: With an estimated range of 272 to 341 miles, it’s ideal for longer trips.
  4. Competitive Pricing: Its affordability has made electric vehicle (EV) ownership accessible to more people.
  5. Tesla Charging Infrastructure: The extensive Supercharger network ensures convenient long-distance travel.

Cons:

1. Fit-and-Finish Issues: Historically, the Model 3 has faced challenges with build quality.
  2. Snug Cabin: The interior can feel tight, particularly for rear passengers.
  3. Missing Features: Notable omissions include Apple CarPlay and SiriusXM satellite radio.
  4. Lack of Physical Controls: Many adjustments are made through the infotainment display.

Competition: Several rivals offer similar packages, including the BMW i4, Hyundai Ioniq 6, Polestar 2, Volkswagen ID.7, and Fiat 500e.

What’s New for 2024?: The 2024 Model 3 receives a styling refresh, a quieter cabin, and updated standard features. Interior improvements include better-quality materials, sound-deadening enhancements, and a redesigned steering wheel. Rear seat passengers now have their own 8.0-inch display for climate controls and entertainment.

Pricing: The 2024 Tesla Model 3 is expected to start around $40,630 and can reach up to $55,000 depending on trim and options.

In summary, while the Model 3 remains an appealing choice for those transitioning to EVs, it faces strong competition. Consider your preferences carefully before making a decision!