Are There Any Electric Vehicles with 7 Seats Besides the Model X?

Hey guys, before we go ahead and get my wife the Model X, I just wanted to get a quick gut check. Are there any other cars out there from different brands with the same seating capacity?

I heard the Model Y has a 7-seat option, but we’re a bit concerned about the safety of the third row. Plus, we already have a 5-seater Model Y, and it’s starting to feel a bit cramped with our growing family. Any thoughts or suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

There are actually quite a few new or soon-to-be-released EVs that will have three rows and seven seats. Some of them include the Kia EV9, VW ID.Buzz, VW ID.8, Cadillac Escalade IQ, Mercedes EQS, Rivian R1S, and Volvo EX90.

2 Likes

If you’re considering a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), there’s also the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivan to think about.

1 Like

Out of the cars on that list, is the EQS the only one you can actually buy right now?

1 Like

Yeah, the Rivian R1S is another one. Although, it might only be available for those who made early reservations at the moment.

The Mercedes EQB is a good car for a 7-seater and offers more than the Model X. The EQB has comfortable seats and spacing is enough even for a tall person.