Are there any electric hatchbacks being released in the US soon?

I’m having trouble finding information on small, sporty hatchbacks being released in the US. Most of the ones I’ve read about are only available in Europe or Asia.

I often travel long distances for work, but most of my driving is in the city where parking is narrow and cramped. I’m looking to buy a compact or sub-compact hatchback in the next two years. Are there any being released soon?

Finding a sporty, compact hatchback in the US can indeed be a challenge, as many of the popular models are more readily available in Europe or Asia. However, there are a few notable options you might want to consider. The Honda Civic Hatchback continues to be a strong contender, known for its sporty handling and efficient use of space. The Mazda3 Hatchback is another excellent choice, offering a blend of performance and style. Ford recently discontinued the Fiesta ST and Focus ST in the US, but you might still find some new or gently used models on the market. Looking ahead, keep an eye on the potential release of the Toyota GR Corolla, which promises a sporty driving experience in a compact package. Additionally, electric hatchbacks like the Chevrolet Bolt EV offer zippy performance and could be worth considering, especially with the growing emphasis on electric vehicles. Checking with local dealerships and staying updated on automotive news can help you find the latest releases and availability in the US market.

1 Like

Chevrolet Bolt EUV: The Bolt EUV is a small SUV that looks like a hatchback, but it’s not a standard hatchback. It costs $33,500 and has a range of about 250 miles.