After you finish charging, does ChargePoint keep taking your money?

Hey there, I’m wondering if ChargePoint keeps charging you even after your car is finished charging. Or does it stop charging once it’s done? I think I saw an option on the app to stop charging when it’s finished. If I use that, will it stop billing me? Or do I need to unplug my car to stop the charging completely?

At work, we have some EV chargers, and I drive an Outlander PHEV, which takes about 3 hours for a full charge. I don’t want to pay $5 just to find out. They charge $0.63 per hour, so for 8 hours, it’ll be about $5 for 39km. I can get more kilometers for the same amount of money with gas. I only need enough charge for one way, so if I can pay for 3 hours (around $1.70), it would be worth it.

The parking charges vary depending on the location. Some sites bill per hour regardless of charging, while others implement an idle fee after a specific duration.

When your electric vehicle (EV) finishes charging, you can safely unplug it from the ChargePoint station. If you’re using a fast charger, you can also press the “stop charging” button on the station.
ChargePoint will stop billing you once the charging session is complete. So, if you see that your car is done charging on the app, you can confidently unplug it without incurring additional charges.